Friday, June 13, 2014

First Week of Summer is Already Over :(

I can't believe week one is already gone!  Why couldn't the weeks we were in school fly by this fast?!?  Most of my week was spent whining about my wretched sore throat.  Nothing like a little strep to force you to slow down and rest!  I just couldn't lay around all day today so I made some shirts.  That is my happy place, my little workshop area in the kitchen, making cute shirts, watching The Big Bang Theory, and yes, drinking a glass of wine.  Today I finished an old order for my friend Jen, made 3 for my friend Jenny who is leaving me for a new school (makes me tear up) and made 3 for my cousin's adorable wife who teaches in Corsicana. I LOVE making shirts, and I am hoping these cutie patooties will wear them and get me some new orders! My friend, Karla, and I have a little side business.  We make shirts (duh) and all kinds of crafts.  Right when we started this, Karla goes and gets knocked up, so I am kinda winging it on my own.  (I miss my Karla though!  She came over today, so I am not sure why I miss her, but I do!  Karla and I are weird like that.)  One of my summer projects is to update our etsy page with all the goodies we have made.  I always forget to take pictures of shirts, so there is no wonder we don't ever actually get any business!  We sold at least 50 shirts at school, and hopefully will sell more to our friends and family teaching at other schools.  That's a marketing plan right?  Don't I sound all business-y!? Our little company is called Prickly Pear Creative Designs, and we have a sad and extremely limited Etsy Shop, but we have some really cute stuff taking up space in my garage!  Take a break from school and do some shopping!

Prickly Pear Creative Designs on Etsy


No comments :

Post a Comment